Complete or Cancel Projects
Project owners and managers can complete or cancel a project on the Project Overview page. Either of these actions moves the project out of the pipeline and can be undone or have the date edited later if needed.
- Project Complete can be found on the lower right corner of the project's Overview tab.
- Project Complete will save all project data and record it within Metrics.
- Cancel Project will remove the project from your metrics.
- A completed project will move to the Recently Completed Projects status within the Project Status tab.
"Cancel Project" should be used in the following situations:
- You went to the evaluation, but no work was needed.
- You went to the evaluation, and your company is unable to do the job.
- The customer has been non-responsive to schedule an evaluation.
"Project Complete" should be used in the following situations:
- You have finished the job.
- You have sent out a bid but did not win the job.
- You have sent out a bid, and the customer has been non-responsive or puts the project on hold for a significant amount of time.
- Your customer can still accept completed projects through the normal process. If this happens, you can "undo project complete" or create a new bid with updated services, pricing, or contract language.