Create a Visual Representation to Attach to a Bid
The drawing tool is designed to create a quick overview of repairs for customers or as a reference for installers.
Table of Contents
Drawing Tool Overview Video
Create a New Drawing
- Select Sales from the navigation bar to find Drawings.
- Select Create Drawing.
- Enter a name, choose a project to link and a grid size.
- Don't worry about choosing the perfect grid size for your drawing, any space that is not used will be cropped off for the final PDF.
- Select the icon you would like to use from the sidebar on the left. It will turn blue when selected.
- Click within the grid to place the icon on the drawing. Some icon (lines, shapes, etc.) require a click and drag to add and size correctly.
- Any icon drawn outside the grid will still be recorded for the Final PDF.
- The selected icon will move to the top of the sidebar to select again if needed.
- See Additional Notes to edit an icon that has been placed.
- For each subsequent icon, repeat steps 4 and 5.
- Click Finalize to save and lock in the drawing or click Save and Close to save the drawing and edit later.
- A drawing must be finalized to attach to a bid. It can not be edited after finalizing.
- Once finalized, the drawing will show within the Drawings tab when creating or editing a bid.
- To make an adjustment to a finalized drawing, please duplicate, edit the duplicate then finalize.
- Reselect an icon by clicking it. A selected icon will have a blue outline or will turn blue.
- Unselect any selected icon by clicking off it.
- Adjust the position of an icon by selecting it then clicking and dragging anywhere on the page.
- Change the length of a line by selecting it then clicking an endpoint. Click and drag the red dot that appears at the endpoint.
- Change the angle of two lines by clicking the angle without an icon being selected, a blue dot will appear. Click and drag the blue dot to resize the angle.
- An angle between two lines cannot be less than 15 degrees.
- Zoom in or out on the drawing by scrolling with a mouse or pinching/spreading your fingers on a tablet.
Edit Drawing Info and Settings
Manage a drawing's name, project, and other settings.
- Select the pencil icon, next to the drawing's name, to edit the name or link a project.
- Select the gear icon, in the bottom left corner, to access settings to:
- Clear the drawing.
- Reset the zoom level to default.
- Hide/Show the grid.
Duplicate any drawing.
- Select the Drawings from the Sales tab.
- Find the desired drawing by searching to filter the drawings' table or scrolling through the drawings' table.
- Select the Action Menu on the far right of the drawing's row.
- Select Duplicate.
- Edit the name or project.
- Click Save.
- The duplicate drawing will open.
Search for any drawing by entering property address, customer name, business name, email, phone or billing address into the search bar in the upper right.
If a drawing has been synced to our servers, the sync status will be labeled synced. If any drawings are pending, click the Sync button in the upper right to manually sync all drawings.
- Please do not leave the drawing tab if the "Sending drawings to server, do not leave the page" message appears. Errors may occur if the drawing tab is left without a proper sync.
- Drawings from the last two weeks are initially synced on a new device. To access older drawings, please use the search function.
Private Browsing Mode
Drawings are not able to be saved while a browser is in private or incognito mode.
Any drawing can be deleted that is not attached to a bid.
- From the drawing table, select the Action Menu on the far right of the drawing's row.
- Select Delete.
- Confirm the deletion by selecting Yes.
Note: Finalized drawings will not be deleted from the server but will be removed from your device.
Please sign in to leave a comment.